We are “A Lawyer for other Lawyers”.
We offer a support service to other solicitors in handling Complaints, in giving advice in conveyancing and property related matters and giving formal Opinions in legal negligence cases.
The Support Service Team
Ian Ferguson is a director of the Legal Defence Union and has been giving LDU advice since 1997. The LDU makes available an Advice Helpline and Ian can furnish a defence in Disciplinary Proceedings in both service and conduct Complaints and at Disciplinary Hearings.
Ian has acted for clients who are not covered by the LDU policy on a private fee paying basis. He also gives legal and practical advice in routine conveyancing and property related matters.
Donald Reid is a recognised expert witness listed in the Law Society of Scotland‘s approved Directory of Expert Witnesses relative to professional negligence complaints. He can appear in court for Pursuers and Defenders and will present formal or informal Opinions in his field covering commercial and domestic conveyancing, security work and property related company matters.
Extent of the Complaint Support Service
“It is a lonely place to be at the wrong end of a complaint – we can help.”
- Advice under LDU Advice Helpline
- Service Complaints before the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission
- Representation at Mediation of Service Complaints
- Conduct Complaints before the Law Society of Scotland
- Guarantee Fund Committee appearances
- Conduct Complaints before the Scottish Solicitors Discipline Tribunal
Extent of the General Solicitor Support Service
- Expert Witness appearances in Court
- Opinion Work – Formal Opinions for Court cases
- Opinion Work – Informal Opinions to solicitors and legal bodies.
- Arbitration and Mediation
Examples of the Complaint Support Service
- AML requirements – Advice on Compliance and Defence of breaches
- CML requirements Advice on Compliance and Defence of breaches
- Conflict of Interest
- Alleged failure to protect family members as lenders in purchase of Council houses.
- Report on title failures
- Failure to conclude missives
- Mandate Compliance
- Compromise or Settlement Agreements.
If you intend to settle then settle comprehensively.
Examples of the General Support Service
- Expert witness in professional negligence cases for both Pursuer and Defender
- Formal Opinions on
- Title Conditions
- Conveyancing Practice and
- Forensic reports
- Informal opinions
- Questions on Auction Sale procedures
- Unusual title issues
- Boundary disputes and ransom strips
- Advice on practical steps to limit damage
- Partnership disputes
- Lease interpretation
- Property dispute resolution